At Animal Clinic Suburban it is important for us to offer the best available care for your pet. We offer surgical laser for our patients as the primary surgical method for safe and comfortable treatment. In many procedures the laser can replace the scalpel and provide a better alternative to traditional surgery.
Why use the laser?
- Less Pain- Laser energy seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue. This allows your pet to feel less pain post-operatively.
- Less Bleeding- The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, this allows the surgeon to perform surgeries with extraordinary precision.
- Less Swelling- Laser energy does not crush, tear or bruise tissue, because only a beam of intense light contacts the tissue.
What does using the laser mean for my pet?
- Reduced risk of infection- The laser sterilizes as it cuts, killing bacteria at the site of the incision.
- Precision- The laser is focused only on the targeted area, thereby minimizing adverse affects to healthy surrounding tissue. This results in a quick return to normal activities and less post-operative discomfort.
- Reduced Trauma- Less inflammation and bleeding improves healing, reduces complications, and may shorten time spend in the veterinary clinic.
Cat Declaw & Orthopedic Procedures
*Due to the clear benefits of Surgical Laser use and the high level of pain associated with declawing & orthopedic procedures, all declaw & orthopedic procedures at Animal Clinic Suburban are done with the Surgical Laser.
Elective Spay and Neuter
At Animal Clinic Suburban we want to do everything possible to keep your pet comfortable and minimize any potential complications from their spay or neuter surgery. We therefore utilize the Surgical Laser for ALL elective spay and neuter surgeries at no additional charge.